.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

sufrensucatash

news & opinion with no titillating non-news from the major non-news channels.

 

I am: progressive, not a wild-eyed Progressive; liberal, but shun liberals and Liberals; conservative, but some Conservatives worry me; absolutely NOT a libertarian. I am: an idealist, but no utopian; a pragmatist, but no Machiavellian. I am a realist who dreams.

 

I welcome all opinions.

Friday, October 28, 2005

And now, for something completely irreverent:
     well, as irreverent as philosophy can get

Reihan Salam, in an article about the burgeoning and bustling life in Montana at the Weekly Standard, made the following comment. Remember, this comment taken out of context has nothing to do with the article. Well, mostly.

When the deck is stacked against you, cheating is pretty much your only recourse.

Amen, Brother!

One of my favorite life-coping strategies is, when presented with either the classic Rock and a Hard Place, Mexican standoff, or even Hobson's Choice; always choose Door Number Three.

When you break the rules that shouldn't be rules in the first place, it confuses them every time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home