.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

sufrensucatash

news & opinion with no titillating non-news from the major non-news channels.

 

I am: progressive, not a wild-eyed Progressive; liberal, but shun liberals and Liberals; conservative, but some Conservatives worry me; absolutely NOT a libertarian. I am: an idealist, but no utopian; a pragmatist, but no Machiavellian. I am a realist who dreams.

 

I welcome all opinions.

Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Free Political Test!:
   Ok, it is no better than a Parlor Game, but it is somewhat interesting

I have seen over the past couple decades attempts to flesh out the old Left vs Right political spectrum of 18th Century France. There is a web site that does a kind of Myers-Briggs test to determine your political colors in two dimensions.

It is flawed; the creator is definitely NOT a political scientist. One of the more blatant screwups is that the economic spectrum gets the Left/Right designation while the social spectrum is a Authoritarian/Libertarian designation. Yet, an example of the extreme Right pole is labeled Libertarianism and the Libertarian pole is Anarchists.

And what about politics vis-a-vis political evolution vs "fall from grace", or pacifism vs militarism, or social justice vs law of the jungle, or, well, you get the point.

But for IQ/personality/anything test geeks like me, it is a mildly interesting trivia break.

I scored -1.07 and -1.98.

That only proves my point ...

(thanks to luminous beauty, an arch-nemesis, and David, both from InTheseTimes.com)

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Economically: 4.38

Socially: .1

10/20/2005 10:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

5.38

-.67

10/20/2005 2:10 PM  
Blogger Jay Cline said...

I retook the test after realizing that a lot of the questions are equivocal at best. So I answered strictly on Strongly basis only. Hard Core. Yes or No. Black or White.

I am much happier.

Eco at 2.75; Social at -1.13

10/22/2005 10:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home