.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

sufrensucatash

news & opinion with no titillating non-news from the major non-news channels.

 

I am: progressive, not a wild-eyed Progressive; liberal, but shun liberals and Liberals; conservative, but some Conservatives worry me; absolutely NOT a libertarian. I am: an idealist, but no utopian; a pragmatist, but no Machiavellian. I am a realist who dreams.

 

I welcome all opinions.

Friday, October 07, 2005

al-Jazeera:
   Agent of Democracy

As an American who fully supports our troops and policy in Iraq and throughout the Middle East, I am often dismayed at the anti-American rhetoric that gets reported by al-Jazeera.

As a democrat, my heart soars.

The Wilson Center published an article by Marc Lynch about al-Jazeera and the open political debates that it has mid-wifed. It captures the spirit of democracy, in all its glory and ugliness.

But, my favorite part is a savage rip at Thomas Friedman, news scavenger extraordinaire. I published that little bit separately at my Gadfly Chronicles.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home