.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

sufrensucatash

news & opinion with no titillating non-news from the major non-news channels.

 

I am: progressive, not a wild-eyed Progressive; liberal, but shun liberals and Liberals; conservative, but some Conservatives worry me; absolutely NOT a libertarian. I am: an idealist, but no utopian; a pragmatist, but no Machiavellian. I am a realist who dreams.

 

I welcome all opinions.

Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Deficit Question:
   How to change the status quo

G-Scobe asks a very non-rhetorical rhetorical question.

And so are we. The question is how to actually change the status quo. You certainly can't count on the Republican party to realign spending priorities and balance the budget; they've proven to be far too irresponsible with the purse strings. The Democrats would only push the accelerator harder on entitlements. There is no organized, coherent opposition to the coming fiscal train wreck. It's like a man walking over a cliff that he can see a mile away. He won't stop walking even though he knows he's going to plummet. Step by step. Inch by inch.
I wish I had an answer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home