.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

sufrensucatash

news & opinion with no titillating non-news from the major non-news channels.

 

I am: progressive, not a wild-eyed Progressive; liberal, but shun liberals and Liberals; conservative, but some Conservatives worry me; absolutely NOT a libertarian. I am: an idealist, but no utopian; a pragmatist, but no Machiavellian. I am a realist who dreams.

 

I welcome all opinions.

Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Got Troubles?
   Go ahead. Blame it on Bush

John Mearsheimer, the Wendell Harrison Professor of Political Science at the University of Chicago, and the author of The Tragedy of Great Power Politics, and Stephen Walt, the Robert and Renee Belfer Professor of International Affairs at the Kennedy School of Government at Harvard University, and the author of Taming American Power: The Global Response to US Primacy, despite their titles and employers, ...

... are idiots.

The two recently wrote up an 83 page report rehashing how those crazy Zionists control and dictate American foreign policy.

Ok ok. The Zionist charge is my wording. Po-TAY-to, Po-TAH-to.

Here is the first paragraph of their report:

THE ISRAEL LOBBY AND U.S. FOREIGN POLICY

U.S. foreign policy shapes events in every corner of the globe. Nowhere is this truer than in the Middle East, a region of recurring instability and enormous strategic importance. Most recently, the Bush Administration’s attempt to transform the region into a community of democracies has helped produce a resilient insurency [sic] in Iraq, a sharp rise in world oil prices, and terrorist bombings in Madrid, London, and Amman. With so much at stake for so many, all countries need to understand the forces that drive U.S. Middle East policy.

See? I told you. It is all Bush's fault. Strife, high oil prices, terrorist attacks.

So, democracy is evil, huh? No. Really. Read it again. The authors are claiming that,

the Bush Administration’s attempt to transform the region into a community of democracies has helped produce a resilient insurency [sic] in Iraq, a sharp rise in world oil prices, and terrorist bombings in Madrid, London, and Amman

Incredible.

Seriously, I am sure the authors go on to explain how Bush's attempts were naive, ill-planned, incompetent, whatever. No, I did not read the whole thing. When I see caca at the edge of a cow field, I don't need hipboots to know what I will encounter if I do.

Besides, they can't even run a simple Microsoft Word SpellCheck. The only time I make a misteak like that is when I am venteng....

Thanks to Port McClellan for this expose, which also has links to the inevitable rebuttals.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home