.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

sufrensucatash

news & opinion with no titillating non-news from the major non-news channels.

 

I am: progressive, not a wild-eyed Progressive; liberal, but shun liberals and Liberals; conservative, but some Conservatives worry me; absolutely NOT a libertarian. I am: an idealist, but no utopian; a pragmatist, but no Machiavellian. I am a realist who dreams.

 

I welcome all opinions.

Friday, December 16, 2005

Saddam vs his victims:
   Even Perry Mason could not inspire this much drama

Tamara Chalabi, daughter of Iraqi Deputy Prime Minister Ahmed Chalabi, tells a tale of courtroom drama while observing the Saddam Trial. Implicit behind every line, behind every word is the poignant question, in trials involving high crimes against humanity is it really possible to ensure both a fair trial for the accused and justice to the victims?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home