.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

sufrensucatash

news & opinion with no titillating non-news from the major non-news channels.

 

I am: progressive, not a wild-eyed Progressive; liberal, but shun liberals and Liberals; conservative, but some Conservatives worry me; absolutely NOT a libertarian. I am: an idealist, but no utopian; a pragmatist, but no Machiavellian. I am a realist who dreams.

 

I welcome all opinions.

Friday, January 06, 2006

al Qaeda declares victory:
   Cool! Maybe they'll go home now

From Reuters in Dubai,

Al Qaeda's deputy leader Ayman al-Zawahri said in a video aired on Friday that U.S. plans to withdraw troops from Iraq meant Washington had been defeated by the Muslims.

"(U.S. President George W.) Bush, you must confess that you have been defeated in Iraq, Afghanistan and you will be too in Palestine soon," said Zawahri in the video broadcast by Al Jazeera television.

Given yesterday's violence in Palestine, I think Zawahri is a bit premature in declaring the kind of victory al Qaeda has truly achieved in Iraq or Afghanistan

Sorry. I couldn't resist the sarcasm

;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home