.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

sufrensucatash

news & opinion with no titillating non-news from the major non-news channels.

 

I am: progressive, not a wild-eyed Progressive; liberal, but shun liberals and Liberals; conservative, but some Conservatives worry me; absolutely NOT a libertarian. I am: an idealist, but no utopian; a pragmatist, but no Machiavellian. I am a realist who dreams.

 

I welcome all opinions.

Friday, April 28, 2006

A French Ziggy?:
   more of "Can't we all just get along?"

Guillaume Parmentier, director of the French Centre on the United States (CFE) at the Institut Français des Relations Internationales, has stepped up to stand beside Ziggy and their defeatist (aka realist) attitude toward the Iranians.

I will let Mssr. Parmentier's last paragraph sink or swim on its own merit, repeating what I said at the Gadfly,

Better to hold our nose and maintain contact with the country while using information, visits, economic relations and the like in the hope that it will weaken the leadership in the long haul. After all, it worked with the Soviets.

Gadfly: "The realist is not reading the history books. We beat the Soviets by bankrupting them."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home