.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

sufrensucatash

news & opinion with no titillating non-news from the major non-news channels.

 

I am: progressive, not a wild-eyed Progressive; liberal, but shun liberals and Liberals; conservative, but some Conservatives worry me; absolutely NOT a libertarian. I am: an idealist, but no utopian; a pragmatist, but no Machiavellian. I am a realist who dreams.

 

I welcome all opinions.

Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Ruminating on the Internet:
   Remember Baghdad Bob?

I was Googling "Baghdad" to see if I put the 'H' in the right place when Baghdad Bob popped up. What a sweet trove of memories I found.

Here are a few of my most favorite Baghdad Bob comments:

  • It has been rumored that we have fired scud missiles into Kuwait. I am here now to tell you, we do not have any scud missiles and I don't know why they were fired into Kuwait.
  • Search for the truth. I tell you things and I always ask you to verify what I say. I told you yesterday that there was an attack and a retreat at Saddam's airport.
  • We're giving them a real lesson today. Heavy doesn't accurately describe the level of casualties we have inflicted.
  • There is no presence of American infidels in the city of Baghdad.
  • The United Nations [is] a place for prostitution under the feet of Americans.

ok ok. So maybe the UN really is a brothel. Bu the rest is hilarious.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home