.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

sufrensucatash

news & opinion with no titillating non-news from the major non-news channels.

 

I am: progressive, not a wild-eyed Progressive; liberal, but shun liberals and Liberals; conservative, but some Conservatives worry me; absolutely NOT a libertarian. I am: an idealist, but no utopian; a pragmatist, but no Machiavellian. I am a realist who dreams.

 

I welcome all opinions.

Saturday, August 13, 2005

Cindy Sheehan
   and the loss of her soldier son

I served in the US military in the 80s. When the First Gulf War started, my sister, an ardent Democrat who grows more leftist every year, made this comment. "I am glad you are out of that idiocy. If you were still in the military, I'd march on Washington to protest".

After a second or two of thought, I answered simply, "Good thing I am not in the military. I'd have to disown you then".

She was aghast when I told her I had already talked to the local Air Guard recruiter about signing up and getting back into the service.

Mrs. Sheehan has a right to speak her mind. And as sympathetic as I may be for her loss, I can only say it is a pity that her son can't stand up and speak for himself.

I guess we will just have to let his service and loyalty to his country speak for himself.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jay Cline said...

Yet you have the freedom to tell the most powerful man on the planet to Fuck off.

(don't look behind you)

D'Oh!

I said, don't look!

8/13/2005 2:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home